Friday, June 6, 2014

Little White Flowers

This morning we spent a lovely half hour picking what Julie's refers to as "beautiful white flower" that dot the front lawn of our apartment.  These beautiful flowers that Julie adores are more commonly known as Morning Glory.  
Having morning glory in my lawn would probably really frustrate me if we owned a house because it is such a pain to get rid of, but since we are still renting, it was a wonderfully exciting discovery for us.
Julie picking her flowers
Kallie thought playing with the house keys was much more fun than picking flowers
Once Julie tired of picking flowers we dumped them out so we could count them.
 We didn't actually count all of them, but it was probably close to 100 flowers. There are still dozens more, meaning we'll have more flower-picking days.
All of the flowers we picked - this picture doesn't do it justice; there were a LOT of flowers

  Picking morning glory this morning reminded me how much I love the beauty that Julie sees in all things.  We are currently looking to buy our first home, and every house that we tour Julie is quick to point out every virtue of the residence.  She would be thrilled for us to move into any and all of them.  Our realtor jokes that he wishes she could come with him on all his jobs.  

It's very likely that someday morning glory and dandelions will stress me out, trying desperately to keep them out of my yard.  But for now, I am glad our grass is speckled with white flowers.  It reminds me that there are always brighter ways to see things, like little white flowers out of morning glory.  I hope I can follow Julie's example and look for the beauty around me every day.  

1 comment:

  1. It is so fun to see the world through a child's eyes. Reminds me of the song in "Motherhood, enjoy to the end" about the moth and butterflies. Do you remember that song Tami? I love it. It's so true. Children are so optimistic in their vision of life.

    ReplyDelete