Monday, June 23, 2014

Summerfest

I feel like I've really been slacking on my blogging lately, but it's mostly because I haven't been taking pictures of anything we've done.  It's been a great start to our summer, but nothing too extraordinary has happened.  Just good old parks and swimming and house-hunting and playing with grandparents/aunts/uncles/cousins, etc.  

The girls both finished up their swim lessons.  Julie "graduated" the white swim group and can move up to the "red" group when she takes another session of lessons in August.  She loved every minute of her classes, even the few extra cold days we had (50s &60s), where she still went to lessons.  After changing into warm clothes, Julie made sure to ask for us to have hot chocolate when we got home... it was definitely needed!  Kallie, I think, should have received the "best improvement" award for her mom/tot class (if only they had such an award!).  The first day I could only get her into the water (with me holding her) for the last 5 minutes of class.  By the last couple of days of class she was voluntarily walking in on her own, she loved when I helped her float on her back, and she also constantly wanted to climb out of the pool and jump back in with me catching her.  Big success for her.  Now all we need to do is go swimming one of these evenings when Arek gets off work so we can show him the girls newly acquired water skills!

Two weekends ago we drove back up to our dearly loved Cache Valley to attend the summerfest arts festival that they have on the lawn of the tabernacle.  We attended every year that we were going to school up there, but being poor college students that we were, we never bought anything.  This year, however, we found the perfect gift for my dad for Christmas.  Unfortunately for you all I can't tell you what it is, because he may read this post.  But it was so fun to walk around and see all the wonderful art that people create.  Julie remembered that last year we got her face painted at summerfest and we were so impressed by her memory (and excitement) that we got her face painted again. 
 I'm not sure why, but she always chooses to get a rainbow on her face.  I love her cheesy excited smile.

Can't wait for all the more fun days we are going to have this summer.  We'll keep you posted  

No comments:

Post a Comment