Monday, June 9, 2014

Busy Week

This past week has been an especially busy one for us, particularly for Arek.  He is the deacon's quorum advisor and scout master in the ward and this last week entailed the following:  last Sunday- board of review for a scout getting his Eagle, Tuesday mutual, Thursday Round Table, Friday Eagle Court of Honor (we all got to attend this), Saturday baptisms for the dead at the temple with the youth, and Sunday teaching the deacons as well as a scout committee meeting after church.  It almost maked me wonder, "what calling does he have?!"  :)  But in spite of his being gone a lot, and not seeing the girls for more than an hour total most of those days (Saturday and Sunday excluded) we have truly felt like the Lord has blessed the time we've spent together.  It has been a huge learning week for me of how men (and women) with even busier callings than us are blessed for the time they serve. We've both felt that the Spirit has been more present in our home, and they time we have gotten to spend together has been "stretched out", feeling longer than it is.  

While Arek was gone at his committee meeting yesterday afternoon the girls and I had a wonderful afternoon.  We made rice crispie treats (with sprinkles, of course), watched lots of Church website New Testament videos, and put a sparkle coat of nail polish on our already-painted toe nails.  I felt overwhelmed by the feeling of love that I have for my two beautiful daughters, as well as a crystal-clear knowledge that days like yesterday is what life is all about.  After Arek came home from his meeting we had a pizza picnic in the living room and watch a little bit of "Frozen" then went on a walk to the temple and tabernacle.  We reflected on how lucky we have been the past several years to live less than a mile away from two different temples.  What will we do when the temple is no longer within walking distance?! :)  On our walk we also met a member of the 1st quorum of the seventy(How terrible is it that I can't remember his name?) But he shook our hands and said hello, and Arek and I both reflected on how busy he must be with his calling.  

This sounds like a long rambling post, but truly I have felt so blessed this past week.  I have an amazing husband, two beautiful healthy daughters, and the love of my Father in Heaven and Savior Jesus Christ.  what else truly matters?  

Because I hate to do a post without pictures, here are my two cuties all ready for their first day of swim lessons.

 Verdict after day 1 - Julie loves her lessons, Kallie is still not convinced, even though I held her the entire time.  I'm sure by the last day of lessons she'll enjoy it though

1 comment:

  1. Isn't it nice when we take a moment and count all our many blessings instead of dwelling on what could potentially be negative? Thank you so much for sharing. Even though you wrote this a few days ago I definitely needed to see this today. :)

    ReplyDelete