Thursday, February 2, 2012

Februrary Craft - 14 Days of Valentine, Intro

So the big craft project for the month isn't actually one big project, but a bunch of mini projects. A couple of weeks ago I was thinking about how I don't ever do much for Arek on Valentine's Day. So I decided to do the 14 days of Valentine's for him. Starting on Feb. 1st (yesterday) I am giving him something every day to remind him of how much he is loved. Yesterday was the Love Mailbox (see below) in which I left a note explaining the 14 days, and also a Baby Ruth candy bar (because he loves them but hardly ever gets them). I can't tell you the other days yet, because they haven't happened, and I wouldn't want to spoil it for Arek. But I'll keep you posted. I'm really excited to do this, and Arek was very surprised that I was doing it. So happy beginning of the 14 days of Valentine's!
Here's what Julie's been up to:She loves to pull my clothes out of the dresser and try them on. Yes, the item is my sports bra, which ordinarily I wouldn't post... but she put it on all by herself and was so happy to be wearing it that Arek and I laughed the whole morning.


This is Julie's new favorite activity... She loves to stand on the coffee table and look out the window. She spends probably an hour every day just watching the people and cars go by

She has become a HUGE Daddy's girl. She anticipates him coming home every day, and drops whatever she is doing to greet him. She also loves when he puts her to sleep, which is really sweet. He is much more fun to play with, too, and she has a blast being carried and chased and all those energetic activities that Daddies love to play with their kids. I love watching them.


Lastly, she loves to rock in our glider chair in her room... it's pretty much the only reason she enters her room except to get dressed and takes naps and go to bed. Yesterday I think she spent 10 whole minutes on it at one time, which is huge for her, and she almost rocked herself to sleep until she got her second wind and was on the move again.

No comments:

Post a Comment