Wednesday, February 15, 2012

14 Days of Valentine's, Part 2

Well, Valentine’s Day is over. We had a great evening. Arek appealed to my sweet tooth this Valentine’s Day, and we celebrated with homemade rootbeer floats and Reese’s pb cups (not together though… that mix doesn’t sound very appetizing to me). And I finished giving him the rest of his 14 Valentine’s gifts. It was a lot of fun to do. I tried to be better at taking pictures this last half, so here’s what I did:

These are the cards I made to go with various gifts... now on to the days:

Day 9 – I heart attacked the front door. Each heart said “I Love You” in a different language. No judgments if some of them are wrong… I just googled the phrase! Arek’s favorite (and mine) was the one I had Julie color. She loves to color, although sometimes it is a challenge to keep her from eating the crayons while she’s coloring. :) Here’s both pictures, the whole thing as well as Julie’s:

Day 10 – Movie Night! I presented Arek with this coupon that I made and then after school and work we went to Lee’s and picked a redbox and some goodies. The ultimate choice: Contagion (Real Steel, which was what his first choice was, wasn’t at that redbox). It was really good but SUPER intense. Both of us never wanted to touch something outside of our house again after watching it… so we put in a fun movie to lighten the mood before going to bed.

Day 11 – A mushy love note and rootbeer milk from Gosner’s Dairy. (There had to be ONE love letter in this 14 Days thing!)

Day 12 – A heart-shaped, double layer cake... plus a few cupcakes because there was extra batter.

Day 13 – The big Valentine Dinner: cordon bleu focaccia bread sandwiches. This is quite possibly Arek’s favorite dinner ever, but I rarely make it because it takes a lot of prep work. I honestly felt like I was cooking all day long. But in the end it was definitely worth it because it was DELICIOUS. We had sandwiches as well as cheese-filled focaccia bread that we dipped in homemade alfredo sauce. Mmm… mmm… good!

Day 14 – the best for last, at least sentimentally. After the big dinner I guess today’s gift might seem small, but I loved it. I made a photo album compiled with photos of Arek and me. 4 years ago on Valentine’s Day Arek and I decided to get married (although we didn’t become engaged for another month). It has been a wonderful 4 years with him. I love him so very much. And I am glad he had a good Valentine’s Day.

Here’s what my sweet, busy, croup-free Julie has been up to:

She LOVED the Day 12 cupcakes! With her friend Gracie... finally able to play again after they are both croup-freeShe found some old knee-high stockings of mine and thought they made excellent gloves.

No comments:

Post a Comment