Thursday, January 26, 2012

Photoless Update... Sorry

So I was not planning on blogging today so I have zero photos to share. Julie wanted her coat on this morning, so I figured that we'd come to the library. Of course, the day I DON'T bring the camera with us is the day she falls asleep and I actually have time to blog. Oh well. Life keeps rolling by incredibly quickly. I haven't used my sewing machine again, mainly because Arek and I decided I needed to have a budget for my craft spending. Julie's dress used my January project money, and I have already spent my February money on a project I am SUPER excited about, but you will have to wait to know what it is because I'm trying to keep it a secret from Arek. He never looks on here, but my luck, this would be the one time. :)

Julie continues to grow like a weed. I can't wait until her 18 month appointment to see what her new stats are. I thought she would be slowing down growing (and she is because for the first time in MONTHS I haven't had to buy her new clothes) but she is still getting taller. I keep wondering how I got such a big girl so quickly, but she's adorable and I love her lots. Lately I've been trying to teach her some signs because she still doesn't say many specific words. She has added yeah and no to her vocabulary though. She thinks "no" is a funny word and laughs every time she says it, which is a lot, even when she means yes. She is very good at signing "please"and "more" and we're working on "done" and "thank you". We are going to check out a book from the library to do some more because she really seems to enjoy it.

Arek is busy as ever, but still manages to stay on top of all his school work. Julie loves to have him put her to bed at night now. I love hearing him sing her to sleep... it's priceless.

Next week I should have photos to share and also be able to share my February craft.

2 comments:

  1. Ah - I can't wait to see what your February craft is! I love sewing! It's good to know that someone else does too :) Julie is getting so big and she's such a great combination of you and Arek!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oooooooh I'm very excited to see this February project. I'm intrigued.

    ReplyDelete