Tuesday, October 25, 2011

Leaves and Other Things

October is going by so quickly. I can't believe Halloween is in less than a week. We've been so busy lately that I don't quite know what to blog about. What's been keeping us busy? Well, for Arek it's definitely school. He takes his big 8-hour F.E. (Fundamentals of Engineering) test this Saturday. All of his normal school classes and work keep him busy enough but for the past month or so he's been going to extra study sessions for the f.e. so often times he will only see Julie for about 10-20 minutes total all day. I've been busy reading "The Woman in White" for book club. This month was my choice and I chose this one because it is the first real suspense novel and being October and Halloween... yep. However, it is a very long and wordy book (think Dickens, although it's written by Wilkie Collins, who actually was a friend of Dickens) so it took quite a while to get through. I did finally finish it last week. Verdict: Very interesting and elaborate story... it really keeps you wanting to know hat happens next, although I did think it got a little long at the end. Our meeting is this week, so hopefully some other women finished it and we can have some interesting discussion. Julie is as busy as ever. Last Friday we actually had a couple of hours just the 3 of us so we tried getting Julie to play in the crisp, fall leaves. She wasn't a huge fan. I know this next photo is a little blurry but I love it. It's a true depiction of Julie's personality We tried putting Julie INTO a pile of leaves to get her to play with them. Here are some photos of her reaction:

No comments:

Post a Comment