Monday, February 28, 2011

Wednesday Surprises

Last Wednesday (February 23rd for the record) three wonderful things happened. The first happened at 5:15 a.m. and that is my sister-in-law, Jenny, had her first baby: baby Lilly. Both mom and baby are healthy and doing great. We have seen pictures and she is beautiful… and she has lots of long dark hair… I think it will take Julie at least a year to catch up with her new cousin in the hair department! Haha. We are so excited to meet Lilly.

The next thing that happened was that Julie rolled over for the first time ever! Unfortunately, I missed it as I was out of the room grabbing my shoes so we could go for a walk. Big bummer. However, she did a reinactment the next night after Arek and I finished bathing her. We are so excited for accomplishment!

Lastly, my little brother (my ONLY brother, I should say) got his mission call! On May 18th he is leaving to serve an LDS mission in Samara, Russia. We are so happy for him. It is especially cool because my dad’s master’s is in Russian history and he speaks fluent Russian and has been there lots of times. So now Ben and my dad will be able to speak Russian together… which I’m sure they’ll do when they want to get away from all the girls in the family and talk about “guy” stuff… whatever that is! Anyway, Ben gets to go through the temple in a week or two and we are so excited for him! He’s going to be a great missionary!

Here is Ben with Julie a few days after she was born (I can't believe how tiny she was... and she had hair, too!)

No comments:

Post a Comment