Tuesday, February 8, 2011

Nothing Like a Good Book

I love reading. It is one of my favorite past times. I have always wanted to share that love with my kids. Luckily we had lots of friends and family give (and loan) us books for us to read with Julie. Most of them are short little board books, with less than 10 words on each page. Julie loves me to read them to her. Last weekend while we were at Arek's parents, Julie was getting fussy so I read Julie "Are You My Mother?" (the full-length version), and then Arek's dad read it to her and then he also read her "Go, Dog, Go". My little angel listened quietly the entire time... I was amazed how long her attention span lasted. It was so sweet to see her snuggled up with her grandpa, sucking her thumb and "reading" the book. What a cutie.

No comments:

Post a Comment