Friday, February 7, 2014

Gearing Up for the Olympics

We are so excited for the Olympics.  I admit, usually I only watch it for the figure skating.  Arek is the opposite - he prefers almost anything BUT figure skating: the snowboarding, hockey,skiing events, etc.  Luckily, we've both educated each other over the years, and now we are happy watching most any of the events (Arek corrects me... he still doesn't like the figure skating, but he loves me enough to tolerate it).  We rarely watch t.v. (we're more movie people) but I think the t.v. will be on most evenings for the next week and a half.  
     Julie is even pretty excited for the Games.  We've been talking to her about how amazing the Olymipcs are; the fact that so many countries around the world come together to play sports and celebrate. Last night after watching some of the qualifying snowboarding and skiing runs Arek broke out his snowboard for Julie to "try-out".  It was adorable... I think Arek has her convinced that she needs to do snowboarding with him sometime.  On a side note, Julie is such a thrill-seeker, I am a little nervous for the kinds of sports she'll want to try when she gets older!  But really I love how full of life she is, and how much she loves adventure.  
Arek modeling his boots and snowboard with the girls

French Braids

Every day this week I have done two French braids in Julie's hair.  And every day Julie has complained about how I pull her hair while braiding it.  Then the next day when I ask her what she wants me to do with her hair, she tells me French braids again.  So I guess the pain is worth having a hairstyle that keeps her hair out of her face! 

No comments:

Post a Comment