Wednesday, April 30, 2014

Ramblings

I haven't been motivated to blog since Arek's birthday so this is a modge-podge of posts I've been meaning to blog about.  

First, we had a wonderful Easter.  The girls woke up early enough Easter morning to do their Easter bunny egg hunt before 9 a.m. church (and we still made it on time!).  They had a fun time finding eggs, even Kallie once she realized they were filled with m&m's, jelly beans, and stickers.


Julie usually is the last person to change out of pajamas,
but for some reason she was the only one NOT in jammies before the egg hunt

Love her morning-hair look  :)
Immediately after church we headed down to spend the afternoon with Arek's brother's family, the girls' only cousins that live relatively close.  They had so much fun and played so hard with their cousins that I think  it took them two days to fully recover.  

'62 Corvette Model
Arek loved the model car kit I got him for his birthday.  He worked on it for several hours every night until it was finished.  
Day 1 - the engine
Day 2
Day 4 ( I forgot to take a picture of day 3) - Complete
Arek was so determined to finish this model that he kept us up until 1 a.m. to finish applying the final decals
Looks so good!
The details on this kit was crazy... there were 148 pieces of parts to paint, decals to add, and pieces to assemble.  He's already been online to create a wish-list of more level 3 models he eventually wants to build 

Up-cycling holey jeans
All of us have holes in the knees of pretty much every pair of jeans we own.  They all have patches, too.  But when I got a hole through the patch of one of my jeans, I knew it was time to through them in the pile of "jeans to cut up for a jean quilt".  Then I remembered an idea I saw on pinterest of adding lace to jeans.  I did a test-run on a pair of Julie's holey pants (if it didn't work, I was going to throw them away anyway).  I love how both turned out... they are my new favorite pair of shorts to wear
Julie's new shorts cost $0... the lace was from my mom's stash
my new shorts cost a grand total of $2 for new lace from Hobby Lobby... happy day for the pocket book

In-house Tents
Arek is the new scout master in our ward.  He loves this calling although it keeps him super busy.  He went on an overnight campout last weekend and Julie was so sad she didn't get to go (Arek took her on the "boys" campout last year that he does with his brothers every summer and she still talks about how much fun it was).  So we set up this temporary tent in the girls bedroom that we take down for naps and bedtime.


We bought these clamps when I made a quilt while pregnant with Julie...
so glad they finally have another use
 Then on Sunday we set up our little 4 man tent in the living room (it look up all the empty space between the couches, computer desk and t.v.) and the girls played in it until bedtime.  We'll definitely have to do family camp trips on the weekends this summer, if Arek isn't took camped-out from his monthly scout camp-outs and week-long camp trip.


I'm sure that's enough pictures for all of you for one post.  I'll try to be better at updating more frequently to keep them shorter.

No comments:

Post a Comment