Friday, April 18, 2014

Happy Birthday to Arek

Yesterday was Arek's 29th Birthday.  One more year to go before he's out of the roaring 20's and into the... whatever the 30's are  :)  The girls and I tried to make it a great birthday for him (albeit simple) and I think we accomplished that.  Here are some of the highlights once he got home from work:

Dinner: Crepe Fete!
     Complete with bananas, nutella, powdered sugar and cool whip.  In hindsight, I wish I had gone ahead and bought strawberries as well.  To cut the sweetness, I made myself an egg to eat on the side... I think after eating the crepes and then the cake Arek was wishing he had had an egg as well
Mmm delicious!  Can you see the nutella around Kallie's lip? :)
Gift: 1962 Corvette model kit, level 3.   
How Arek does these, I don't know.  I for sure don't have the patience for them
Julie helped me make the banner during Kallie's naptime
Homemade chocolate cake, peanut butter frosting as the "glue" between layers, chocolate frosting and cut up reeses sprinkled on top.  Yes, it was very rich, but oh-so-good!
Blowing out the candles

Happy Birthday, Arek!  We sure do love you!


No comments:

Post a Comment