Wednesday, December 7, 2011

St. Nikolas Day

I'm not sure what words to write today... my mind is a blank. So in lieu of words, here are some photos of our Christmas decorations around the house. Oh, and Happy St. Nikolas Day to those of you who celebrate it! Julie loved seeing her new ornament in her shoe this morning. Next year she might get goodies, too, but right now the ornament took up all the room! Arek said we had to put this in the window. It's only about 5 or 6 inches tall, but we put it up on a block which makes it visible from the sidewalk below. It makes me laugh every time I see it. Our stockings. Yes, I know Julie's is white trash-looking... I am currently making her one. It should be ready by Christmas, so I will share pictures when it is complete. I am really excited for it.Our German nativity my dad got for us... I love it... the baby Jesus even comes out of manger, which is why it's up highOur Christmas tree... note the lack of ornaments on the bottom half... yes, Julie was loving them so we put them all up on top. Maybe next year we can decorate the whole tree. Oh and also, please notice the chain of popcorn and cranberries. I've always wanted to make one, but this is the first year it's actually happened. I like it a lot

Rag CurlsAnd the other day I put Julie's hair in rag curls to see what it would do. As you can see... the top didn't do much, so I just put it back into its typical pigtails, but the sides poofed out pretty cutely, I think. :)

No comments:

Post a Comment