Tuesday, May 10, 2011

Belated Wishes

I know this is late but... Happy Mother's Day to all you moms out there! And not just moms, but all women, because there are so many wonderful women/mother-figures in my life. Just to mention a few: my amazing mom, my mother-in-law, my big sister (and little sisters too!), my grandmas and aunts, cousins, friends, and teachers. I am constantly in awe of the sweetness and overall greatness of all the women in my life. Hope you all had a wonderful mother's day!

This year was my first official mother's day. I just wanted to post 3 things that I love about being a mom.1. Holding Julie... from the first time to now, I never get tired of snuggling with my girl. I love it when she falls asleep on my shoulder, or when I read her a book while she sits on my lap. There is nothing better. 2. Watching Julie grow and learn and discover new things. The other day while I was doing dishes I could hear Julie laughing and jabbering away on the living room floor. When I went over there she was having conversations with her toys and pulling funny faces like this one. LOVE it!3. Sharing mommy experiences with other moms. This is a photo of my mom holding me on my first 4th of July (I was 9 months old, the same age Julie will be on her first 4th). I love hearing stories about other babies and kids and thinking how Julie is similar or different and also, in the older stages, how Julie will be at the age.

There are so many more things I love about being a mom, but there are 3 for you. Happy Mother's Day!

No comments:

Post a Comment