Thursday, March 31, 2011

I Dream of Jeannie

We have become HUGE fans of "I Dream of Jeannie" (you know... that old 60's show with the astronaut who finds a genie in a bottle lying on a beach) thanks to our wonderful library who we borrow obscene amounts of movies from each and every week. We rented the third season once just for fun and were immediately hooked. It is HILarious and so quirky and just f-u-n. So we spent the next five weeks watching seasons 1 thru 5. What we noticed though, is that while we were enjoying the episodes, Julie became hooked on the theme music. Sitting on the floor with her toys, she never even glanced at the tv screen until the opening credits and cartoon came on. Then she would stare at the screen (and "dance" in her little wiggle way) until the music ended and the show began. It was so funny.
So, if you haven't watched "I Dream of Jeannie" for several years (or decades... since it's an oldie) I HIGHLY recommend it. It's cheesy and fairly predictable, but it never fails to make Arek and me laugh out loud. And if nothing else, it has an awesome theme song... just ask Julie if you don't believe me!

No comments:

Post a Comment