Tuesday, March 15, 2011

End of Spring Break

This weekend was filled with lots of family. It was a really great way to finish a really relaxing and nice spring break. This post is fairly long but has lots of pictures to make it worth while.

TEMPLE TRIP

Saturday morning my brother Ben went through the temple for the first time. Arek’s parents babysat Julie for us (I’m not sure who was more grateful: us for them being willing to watch her… or them for being able to watch her). It was so awesome to be in the temple with my family again. We went to the Ogden Temple and my Grandpa Glad was able to officiate the endowment session like he did when both my sister Dani and I went through the temple.

The happy future missionary

The immediately family that was there (minus Arek who took the picture): me, Dad, Ben, Mom, and Dani

Arek and me being silly and happy at the Temple

RUBBER DUCKIE YOU’RE THE ONE

Saturday night Julie was in need of a bath… so my parents pulled out this fun bathtub for her to sit it. She loved it! Bathtime has never been so much fun for her.

“Wo… this is different.”

When you squeeze the bill the duckie quacks… Julie thought it was awesome!

FAMILY VISIT

Sunday we went to Church with my family… it was awesome because I got to go to Relief Society for the first time in about a year and a half (Arek and I have teached Sunbeams for about that long). After Church we went with Arek’s parents and his brother Jared down to Provo to visit Jenny, Todd, and their new baby girl, Lilly. She’s about 2 ½ weeks now. It was so fun to visit with them and meet our new neice. She is so sweet and tiny. It will be fun in a few years when Lilly and Julie can play with each other.

Me getting to hold baby Lilly. Can you believe Julie was ever that small?... and smaller actually. Craziness. Babies grow big so fast!

PLAYING WITH DADDY

When back at Arek’s parents we got our taxes done. Hurray! This is the latest we’ve ever done them before so we are glad they are over and done with. Since it was so warm (meaning 50’s) Arek took Julie outside. She loves all the sights and the fresh air.

Arek had Julie meet his family’s basset hound, Toby. After this photo was taken Julie’s face crumpled… guess dogs will take some getting used to.

I took this through the living room window (hence the glare). I love the way Julie and Arek are looking at each other.

2 comments:

  1. Fun! I just got to go through the temple with my sister for her first time too. I love it!

    Lilly looks so tiny and cute, can't wait to meet that one.

    Oh ya and Julie is as adorable as ever. Getting cuter every post if that's possible!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love the giant duck in the bath tub! Looks so fun. I'm am totally jealous that you got to meet Lilly while she's still so tiny, we probably won't see her until the family trip, and she'll be so big. You guys look like you are doing great. Julie is getting so big. Can't wait to see you again!

    ReplyDelete