Monday, September 27, 2010

Feels Like an Early Christmas

Tomorrow is the day! Had our last doctor's appointment today (to make sure she hadn't decided to turn at the last minute) and everything is all set for the delivery tomorrow. What have I been doing on my last day without baby? Pretty much nothing. Cleaned the apartment a little bit (I really should dust tonight because I am sure it will be a few weeks before that ever gets done again!), took a walk, watched a movie, took a nap, tried to get into a new book (just finished Jane Austen's Emma... LOVE it!) , and now I am blogging. Hmm... I feel like I need to be productive on my last day before this baby is born but I can't seem to want to. Maybe I will tonight when Arek is done with work and homework...

I still am having a hard time believing tomorrow is the end of this pregnancy and the start of mommy-hood. Where has the time gone?! It has been so awesome being pregnant, feeling this little one grow inside of me, I can hardly believe it is time to meet her! Arek and I are super excited (and scared and intimidated and...) to become parents. We are so excited, it feels like an early Christmas. I already have that Christmas Eve feeling, and I know I am going to toss and turn with excitement all night and not get hardly any sleep. Oh well... starting tomorrow I won't ever get a decent night's rest like I used to (or so everyone has told me)! So... tomorrow we have to check into Labor and Delivery at 5:30 a.m. for pre-op stuff. At 7:30 the surgery is supposed to begin and by 8 (or shortly thereafter) we will have our little baby! Craziness. I better post this before I keep rambling on. It may be a week or two before I have access to the internet again to update... so be patient please :)

2 comments:

  1. GOOD LUCK!!!!! Can't wait to see pictures. :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Where are the baby pics. One picture sent via phone is not sufficient! We want to see Julie!

    ReplyDelete